May 14, 2020
Dear BPS Partners,
We hope this message finds you well. As part of our efforts to keep you informed of what is happening within the Boston Public Schools during the COVID-19 school closure, we are sending along the following updates, announcements, and resources.
- 4/30 Partner Call Recording: here (Password: 8h%%vp96) is the recording from the call with Boston After School and Beyond that took place on April 30, featuring BPS’s Chief Academic Officer, Andrea Zayas speaking about the district’s remote learning plans and preliminary ideas for summer learning. For questions about this call or to be added to the list for future Boston After School and Beyond calls, please email Alex Warren, email@example.com.
- BPS Guidance on Virtual Learning: please review this letter that went out to all BPS families on May 1 regarding the district’s expectations around virtual learning.
- Resources to Support Virtual Learning: We also want to make you aware of the resources that BPS has developed to support you all in best utilizing virtual learning platforms. Please check out this site which is full of webinars, and helpful tips about navigating teaching and learning in a virtual world.
- Seeking Support with Gift Cards: BPS is gathering gift cards for families to purchase food. If you or anyone in your network is interested in supporting these efforts, you can do so by purchasing a gift card for a specific grocery store, a VISA Gift card, or by making a monetary donation. All cards should be mailed to Catie’s Closet, which is distributing cards to families who apply. The address for Catie’s Closet is 63 Sprague Street, Boston, MA 02136, monetary donations can be made online at catiescloset.org. Please indicate that your donation is meant to go towards the purchase of a card if you go with the monetary donation option.
- Process for 19-20 Invoicing: please be sure that those of you submitting invoices to close out the 19-20 school year include the purchase order # on the invoice, and submit in PDF format. This is essential to ensure efficient processing. All invoices for FY20 should be submitted by June 30 at the latest. Feel free to contact Miriam Rubin, firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions about this process.
- Family Needs Survey: BPS is in the process of administering a survey to better understand families’ needs are during school closure. We would love it if you could help us spread the word to any BPS families that you serve. We will continue to reach out to partners with requests to fill specific needs as the results of the survey come in.
- Resources for Partners: we encourage you to check out our COVID-19 Partner Resources page. We update it frequently to ensure you have access to all the resources that come our way. Please also feel free to reach out to Russell Hansen, email@example.com, if you are aware of other resources for partners that are not currently listed.
Thank you in advance as we continue to work together to promote our values of Joy, Unity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Equity!
Development and Partnerships
Office of Students, Family, and Community Advancement (OSFCA)
Boston Public Schools
(617) 635-6772 | firstname.lastname@example.org